Click File -> Site Manager, Click New Site, enter your AWS EC2's public DNS or IP in Host field. Choose SFTP, enter ec2-user in User field and click Connect.
If you still want to set up an FTP server on your AWS EC2. Below are steps to install VSFTP.
- login to your AWS management console.
- Go to EC2 and click the Security Groups link.
- Then choose the default group and switch to the inbound tab (at the bottom of the page)
- Add the port ranges as above (20-21 and 40000-41000) and apply the rule changes
- connect to your instance with putty.
- login as ec2-user
- sudo su
- yum vsftpd
- change the conf file. vim /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf. Add
pasv_max_port=41000 pasv_min_port=40000 port_enable=YES pasv_enable=YES
Add an FTP user (see instruction here)
Start the FTP server. service vsftpd start